So one of our worst nightmares was realized yesterday. I woke up and was getting ready for school. I was going about my normal routine: woke up, took a shower, went downstairs to get breakfast, and went back upstairs to blow dry my hair and put my makeup on. I realized when I was about to leave that I hadn't seen Harry all morning. He wasn't laying on the downstairs couch like he is every morning when I go down to get breakfast. I started to look in his normal spots and couldn't find him. Then I realized that I hadn't seen him since before I left for Opera Scenes the night before. I went up to Bryce (who had just pressed snooze on his alarm) and told him that I thought Harry was gone. We went around the house calling his name and sure enough, no response. So, we ran outside and each went a different way calling his name. About a half an hour passed and we had no luck. I went back in the house and called for Harry with no luck. Then, just as I went back outside I heard Bryce calling for me to get some treats. He had found Harry. Harry was about 12 townhouses down from ours underneath their bay window. The poor baby had been outside in the cold all night. It was an awful experience. It was not a great way to start my day. I also had graduate school auditions yesterday. They went well. All of my scores are high enough to qualify me for the program, so now the vocal faculty just needs to make their decision. I should know something by the middle of March. Last night was also my final performance of my solo roles in Opera Scenes. It went well. At least the day wasn't a total disaster.
2.21.2009
A Nightmare Realized
So one of our worst nightmares was realized yesterday. I woke up and was getting ready for school. I was going about my normal routine: woke up, took a shower, went downstairs to get breakfast, and went back upstairs to blow dry my hair and put my makeup on. I realized when I was about to leave that I hadn't seen Harry all morning. He wasn't laying on the downstairs couch like he is every morning when I go down to get breakfast. I started to look in his normal spots and couldn't find him. Then I realized that I hadn't seen him since before I left for Opera Scenes the night before. I went up to Bryce (who had just pressed snooze on his alarm) and told him that I thought Harry was gone. We went around the house calling his name and sure enough, no response. So, we ran outside and each went a different way calling his name. About a half an hour passed and we had no luck. I went back in the house and called for Harry with no luck. Then, just as I went back outside I heard Bryce calling for me to get some treats. He had found Harry. Harry was about 12 townhouses down from ours underneath their bay window. The poor baby had been outside in the cold all night. It was an awful experience. It was not a great way to start my day. I also had graduate school auditions yesterday. They went well. All of my scores are high enough to qualify me for the program, so now the vocal faculty just needs to make their decision. I should know something by the middle of March. Last night was also my final performance of my solo roles in Opera Scenes. It went well. At least the day wasn't a total disaster.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yikes! I'm so glad you found him! I would have been FREAKING out I think! I betcha it's a lot easier to find Romy than it is a tiny cat though right? Glad school and all of your auditions are going well!
Post a Comment