1.10.2011

Catch Up... or maybe Ketchup

Okay, so a lot has happened since just before Thanksgiving. This is were I will start....

  • November 9-13: Bryce and I went to Houston and I auditioned for Houston Grand Opera's Young Artists program. (I heard back just before Christmas that I didn't get in, which I was not surprised about. I was just happy that they heard me. This program is one of the top 5 in the US and obviously one of the hardest to get into. Many people don't even get an audition on their first application, so I was happy about that... and getting an excuse to go home.)
  • November 19: Auditioned for Utah Opera's Young Artists program
  • November 20: Went back to Houston for Thanksgiving and here's where things get interesting....
    • I auditioned on the 21st for a Young Artists only opera company called Opera in the Heights. They were so nice and totally amazing. They were auditioning for roles over the next few years, so I am still waiting to hear about some of that. **fingers crossed**
    • Went to the gun range with my dad and Bryce. Those two are OBSESSED. I will never see my husband or father when/if we move back to Houston because if they are not working, they will be at the gun range.
    • Had Thanksgiving dinner with the family. My dad fried a turkey for the first time and it was delish. I don't think we will go back to regular-old turkey ever again. 
    • This is a little out of order, but I have to save the best for last. A few days before Thanksgiving......


WE FOUND OUT THAT BABY #1 IS ON THE WAY!!!
I am due July 31. I went to my first appointment today and everything looks healthy and great, except that the baby is "measuring 2 days behind" which really means nothing other than the fact that they pushed back my due date 2 days verses just going by the first day of my last cycle. We find out the gender February 14th, which will be a nice little Valentine's Day present! Double the reason to celebrate!! 

5 comments:

Ciara said...

Ali,

congrats girl! Do you have any guesses on the sex of the baby? Can't wait to see updates and photos and for you to give hals and izzy a baby cousin!

Kiersten said...

Yea! I'm calling boy right now. Can't wait til Feb 14th!! Glad everything went well today!!

HolliJo said...

Congratulations! Hope you've been feeling well! Pregnancy is crazy, but definitely awesome! Good luck with the opportunities in Houston! That would be so fun to move back home! Keep us posted.

the Smiths said...

Sweet! Can't wait for Valentines just over a month away!

Chelsea said...

Ali, Congratulations! I am actually due just a few days before you--on the 28th! I wanted to say something but had to wait until we made our news official. Hope you're feeling ok! Also--why do you find out on February 14th what you are having? Does your doctor do it that early? Our doc says we have to wait until 20 weeks. I am JEALOUS of you for that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...