8.18.2011

3 Weeks

Jacob is already 3 weeks old. I can't believe it. The first month of his life has almost completely passed us by and I've been so grateful for every moment of it. (Even the crying in the middle of the night.)

In the first 3 weeks of life, Jacob has:
  • rolled over from his belly to his back (every day that he's done tummy time since he was 4 days old)
  • started to learn how to control his head
  • surpassed his birth weight and gained an extra 3/4 inch in height
  • learned how to wriggle out of all of the swaddling blankets/pouches that we have for him. This usually wakes him up prematurely, but we have a new idea that we're testing out tonight to see if it helps keep him asleep.
  • hit his first major growth spurt--he's wanting to eat all. the. time. and he wants to eat a lot. He's either eating every hour for 3-4 hours 2-3 times a day (like he did yesterday) or eating for an hour straight (like he did a few hours ago) 
  • outgrown newborn sized diapers and moved into size 1 diapers
  • gotten baby acne that won't seem to go away-- its driving me crazy!
  • lost his umbilical cord-- it was not what I was expecting when it fell off. I thought it was just going to be a regular old belly button underneath, but instead it was yellow and goopy and then pretty much immediately dried into a scab that gets a little smaller every day. 
And now (to appease Auntie Kiersten and Grandma Kathi) a picture overload of Jacob at 3 weeks:

3 comments:

Kiersten said...

You posted! Look at those pictures! I've been begging you for days and you did, you finally posted! And NAGGING WORKS!! ;) Seriously, so grateful for more pics of baby Jacob, and October can't come soon enough!!

Sam and Kat said...

Such a cutie! Ivy had the baby acne and it drove me nuts too! Don't worry tho, it goes away. :) And about the swaddling, have you ever tried using those muslin fabric blankets? There is a brand they sell online or at Target: Aden and Anais.. Anywho, they are a little bigger and are kinda stretchy so they stay wrapped tight pretty well. I loove them and definitely recommend trying em out. Unless of course you already have, lol.. The pics are cute. Not an overload at all, don't worry ;). Anywho, hope you are doing well! Enjoy your baby boy bc time never slows down! :)

Amy said...

Oh Alison and Bryce, he is SOOOO adorable. What a cutie you have! I hear ya with those growth spurts. There were days when I swear I never moved...just sat there and nursed ALL. DAY. LONG. Promise: it will get better. I think the first couple months of breastfeeding are the "weeding out" period" (you know, like the theory core in the music program). If you can survive them (and you are!) then things get SOOOO much easier afterwards. I can't get over how darn cute he is. Congratulations again and again and again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...