Since Jake has decided that tummy time is not the worst thing ever, he's gotten really good at it. He stays propped up on his forearms really well and pulls them under him if I try to lay him out more flat. He has also remembered that he knows how to turn over. Actually, he will rarely stay on his belly for longer than 15-20 seconds because he just wants to roll over. That long tummy part of tummy time is always the first go because once he decides to turn over, he won't stay on his belly after that. Here's how tummy time usually goes (this was after he had already turned over twice):
How important is it that he actually spend tummy time on his tummy? Oh, and he has started lifting his body up while on his back by pushing up with his feet. I feel like it is just going to be any day now that he figures out how to use that to turn from back to belly. Yikes!
How important is it that he actually spend tummy time on his tummy? Oh, and he has started lifting his body up while on his back by pushing up with his feet. I feel like it is just going to be any day now that he figures out how to use that to turn from back to belly. Yikes!
5 comments:
He is so darn cute Alison! I wouldn't worry too much about th le tummy time. I mean they tell you to do it a lot but I think even just a few minutes a day.. I think it's mostly to help them strengthen their neck muscles but he seems like a pretty strong little guy already! :) Ivy was a little different bc she didn't know how to flip from tummy to back so when she'd flip from her back to tummy, I kinda just let her stay there and try to work it out herself. Pretty soon she started rolling all over the place and I've noticed lately that she almost prefers her tummy now. I think babies grow into liking their tummies naturally and it will be at different times for different babies. I think it's good to do it a few minutes each day but neccessary to do it a lot or try to force him to like it more. Ya know? I dunno, just my opinion. :)
...*not* necessary... Lol
I'm with Kat...I don't think it's that big of a deal. I think the only reason they say to have daily tummy time is because parents now have about 100 different gadgets to put their babies in, most of them being on their backs. But, I think as long as you're holding him (so he's not on his back all the time) and he's rolling over just fine, then no worries. Also, holding baby in a sling tummy-to-tummy works the exact same muscles as tummy time so you can do that as well if you're at all worried about it. Go Jacob!
Well, it's not like you can force him to stay on his tummy, can you? I wouldn't worry about it either--he seems plenty strong, like everyone else is saying. It's so funny, it looks like his head is just pulling him right over! Hilarious.
so awesome.
I have to post jay's tummy times because not only does he roll at least once if not twice, but he's so obsessed with sucking his fingers that he will almost put himself to sleep and lay there like a slug. ha. babies are so different, eh?
Post a Comment