I can't believe Jacob is already 3 months (actually 3 months and a week). He is growing and learning so fast. I just can't believe how quickly time flies with a baby. At THREE months, he doesn't have a doctor's check up, so I don't have an accurate weight, but his other stats are:
- Height: 25.25" (87th percentile)
- Head Circumference: 16.25" (43rd percentile)
now does well with tummy time, while it lasts at least.
uses his feet to lift his body up while laying on his back. He will then scoot himself--sometimes all the way around. I am pretty sure that he's going to turn from back to belly using this technique before long.
still sucks on his hands, but now its his thumb or fist or blanket or teething rings--pretty much anything he can pull to his mouth, but still hasn't figured out how to put his pacifier in his mouth, unfortunately.
is a good nighttime sleeper-- only wakes up once a night on most nights, but takes 4-5 short naps a day. We're still trying to overcome the 45 minute intruder which has become a real problem lately.
still very alert during wake times.
loves to sit up facing me. I talk to him and he smiles, laughs, squeals, gurgles, and does some babbling with a, g, k, and m noises.
still loves the play gym- he grabs the rings/toys and bats at them with his hands and feet.
he is very interested by his feet- looks down at them when in his bouncy seat and lifts them in the air to see them when he's laying in the play gym or in his swing.
holds his head up like a champ and loves sitting in the Bumbo.
wears all 3-6 month size clothes except for some pants and is almost grown out of some brands of 3-6 month clothes.
still likes bath time and doesn't usually cry when he gets out anymore.
smiles and laughs ALL the time, especially for me and other women--he's a ladies' man already.
follows items and voices and makes great eye contact unless he's fixated on something else.
LOVES to stand-- on my lap, on the floor, pretty much anywhere. He balances pretty well already. I'm pretty sure he's going to want to walk before he can crawl.
refuses to lean back when sitting, he just wants to sit completely upright and he's pretty good at it with a little help.
refuses to lean back when sitting, he just wants to sit completely upright and he's pretty good at it with a little help.
This little boy of ours is such a sweetheart. We can't get enough of him and love to see him grow and change. Now, picture time:
I love all the little faces he makes!
loves to chew on that fist!
Anybody need a fist bump?
This is his "mom, if you take any more pictures of me, I'm gonna get you" pose.



1 comment:
Aw he's so cute Ali! They do grow sooo fast! Let me know if you figure out how to fix his naps. We're still having the same problem! ugh!
Post a Comment