1.31.2012

6 Months (and 5 months too)

We were in Houston when Jake turned 5 months and I totally forgot to post about it (plus I wanted to take pictures to match his previous ones once we got home). Then I never got around to taking pictures, sad, I know. But, we move on. Here are Jake's stats at just about a week after turning 5 months:
  • Height: 27" (85th percentile)
  • Weight: 16 lbs (44th percentile)
At 6 months:
  • Height: 27.25" (79th percentile)
  • Weight: 16 lbs 10 oz (34th percentile)
  • Head Circumference: 17.25" (67th percentile)
    Jake has such an incredible personality these days. At 5 months he:
    does tummy time every day and will stay on his belly for up to a few minutes if I can keep him occupied with something.
    loves to turn onto his side, but will rarely turn from back to belly because he's still not in love with being on his belly.
    is totally obsessed with his feet; he can now put them in his mouth and if he sees them, that's what he wants.
    pulls his pacifier out of his mouth any time its in his mouth and his hands are free, but still doesn't like to fall asleep without it. This has been a challenge. He likes to play with it and stare at it when he's holding it and sometimes puts it back in his mouth.
    slobber and more slobber- so much that he will choke on it. 
    has some peaks under his gums; I can't wait for his teeth to come through because he's been irritable lately.
    still wakes up once a night, either 3 hours after going down for the night or 2-3 hours before his morning wake up time. 
    his naps have been a nightmare since we got home from Christmas. I think its a combo of the change in scenery/routine, teething, and a growth spurt. He's down to 3 naps a day.
    is very happy, smiling and giggling all the time. He also loves to babble and squeal.
    puts his hands together and will hold them in a sort of prayer position and sometimes lifts them over his head. 
    in a combo of 6 and 9 month clothes.
    can sit up by himself for varied lengths of time, but has not mastered it for sure. 
    still likes girls more than guys. He smiles and laughs at any woman he sees, but the only guy he really smiles at is Bryce with random guys every once in a while.
    loves the cats and pets them any chance he gets- same with my parents dogs.

    In addition, at 6 months he:
    confidently rolls from back to belly and will not stay on his back, especially to sleep.
    sleeps in just pj's so that he's safe on his belly. 
    sits up with about 90% confidence. I think once he figures out how to get to a sitting position on his own, he will be a pro. 
    has army crawled across his play mat once or twice.
    got his two front bottom teeth in two days. His gums are all still pretty swollen, so I wouldn't be surprised if he gets more soon.
    babbles like crazy. When he gets going, I repeat him and he'll repeat back. His favorites are "ai" (like "hi" without the h) and "dada". I don't think he's quite associating those words yet, but we're working on it. He says "ai dada" a lot. 
    is in all 9 month clothes and some of those are almost too small.
    is between 2 and 3 naps a day. The past week he's not wanted to go down for his naps like normal, so we tried two naps and he did pretty well. We'll keep trying until 2 naps is normal.
    eats a tablespoon of oatmeal in the morning, fruit or veggie in the afternoon, and then 2 tablespoons of oatmeal w/fruit or veggie for dinner.
    has tried green beans, peas, squash, and prunes. Next up are pears and sweet potatoes. 
    I think that's all... now, PICTURES:
    And just to compare:

    1 comment:

    Katie said...

    Your little boy is so cute! Those dimples are awesome : )

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...