5.14.2008

Backyard

So we started working on our mangy-looking backyard today. We got all of the plants (except for a few filler flowers) that we are going to be putting in and started tearing out the grass in the areas we're planting. Here are the "before" pictures so you can see why we are planting.

Here is a general view of the backyard looking at the back of the townhouse:

The rose bushes have not grown at all this spring and we didn't really like them there, so we tore them out and are going to put down pavers. We are going to put our grill there as well as a planter with fresh herbs.

The area behind the chairs here was too plain. So we are planting 3 flowering bushes. The corner has a tiny tree that hasn't had leaves the entire time we've lived here. We are going to tear the tree out and plant a different one. We haven't decided for sure which tree yet, but probably an aspen.

The path leading out the back is really ugly and is getting rocks everywhere. We are going to take this all out and put a fully paved path.
The corner to the left of the shed is very plain as well so we are putting in a crabapple tree and some pink hydrangeas.
I will update soon with pictures once we've finished!

2 comments:

Tabatha said...

I like your patio furniture. It sounds like you are quite busy with redecorating. Hope you guys are doing well!

The Nielsons said...

So so fun! I wish I was there to help, I love doing landscaping work!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...