5.10.2008

Harry

Bryce and I have adopted two cats. Harry is our first little boy. We, I mean, I adopted him about a month before we got married. Bryce had gone to Las Vegas for his brother Dru's wedding. We had talked about getting a cat because we both love animals and a dog would be too much to take care of with us both in school and working. I was bored with Bryce out of town and all the wedding plans finished so I decided to go to the animal shelter to just take a look at the kittens they had. I saw Harry there and asked the lady to let him out. He walked around a little and I sat on the ground to play with him. Next thing I knew, he climbed up onto my knee and just sat there. As the lady talked about adoption, he just curled up and went to sleep on my knee. After that I decided I couldn't leave him there, so even with Bryce not there to make the decision I adopted him. this is Harry just a week or so after we got him:He was so awkward and scrawny when we got him, I don't know why I thought he was cute. But, he has grown up so well and is such a pretty kitty. I love this next picture. He looks like he's in a cloud. (It's just our down comforter on the couch.
This is my favorite picture of my little boy. He is so cute and has grown up to be one of the best looking cats I've ever seen. He is still very playful and loves attention, especially from his Dad.
Since neither Bryce nor I had ever had a cat before, we weren't quite sure how to raise him, so we treated him basically like a dog. He plays fetch, comes when you call his name and responds to words when you ask him a question, like "do you want some food?". He is so cute and I wouldn't give him up for the world.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...