
So, as you can surely guess, I hurried down to the clubhouse and went into the gym only to find NOTHING! There was a lady on the treadmill and I asked her to see if it was still in there and she said she hadn't seen it. So, I'm completely upset because not only do I need it to study the songs for my test, but I use my iPod on a daily basis. I just can't live without it. I hurried off to work and got online to our HOA website to see who I should call about it. I called one guy and he said to call this other guy, Steve. So I called Steve up and he said that he didn't see it when he took a walk through the clubhouse last night (but he wouldn't have because it has a black cover on it and the treadmill is black and it was down in the cupholder) and that there wasn't much he could do to help me. We have security cameras in the clubhouse so I asked if he could look through the footage from this morning (I left right after the clubhouse closed for the evening, so I was the last one out and the clubhouse opened at 7 this morning and I went in just before 9 so someone would have picked it up sometime in those 2 hours). He told me that he didn't think anyone on our new HOA Board (which has been in place since February or March) knew how to use it, except for maybe one guy: the one that I had called in the first place. So I call this guy back, for all intensive purposes, we'll call him Fred (basically because he was a jerk to me, so for his sake, we won't use his real name). So, I called Fred back and told him that Steve said he was the only one who knew how to access the camera system and he told me he didn't know how to use it. Then I said that it was dumb that we pay to have the clubhouse monitered when nobody knows how to run the system. He proceeded to tell me that "maybe you shouldn't have left your iPod in the gym" and that "you shouldn't take that tone with someone who is a volunteer here to serve you". I was completely offended by both of these comments because I wasn't being rude, I was just pointing out a fact (with no sort of "tone"). I then told him that I wasn't being rude and that he volunteered for this position but was not doing anything to "serve me". Then I got frusterated and told him "well, thanks for your help" (this time I did use a tone) and hung up. In the midst of the conversation, he told me that generally these types of problems should be e-mailed (which was not stated anywhere on the HOA website). The last time I tried to e-mail them with a problem, I never got a response, so I didn't think this was a good solution, but I did it anyway. I made sure that the whole board knows that he insulted me over the phone AND that I think it is dumb that nobody knows how to use the system (although I used a little bit more eloquent of words). Anyway, that is the sad story of my iPod. I hope I get it back. :(
4 comments:
Ali that sucks, what jerk I hope he gets fired. I mean if volunteers get fired.
It would be great if your neighborhood website had a lost and found section where people could post items they either lost or found.
I deal with the "volunteer" excuse in my community too as if they were forced to volunteer or something.
Benjamin Subercaseaux
Neighborhood Websites by Neighbor Online
Benjamin is correct. I'll bet your existing web site providor has a lost and found feature which could easily be turned on. If not, there are dozens and dozens of HOA web site providors that can help (google hoa website).
Carl N. HOA Web Site Expert.
okay, I was just ranting about losing my iPod and how my HOA board people were being jerks. I wasn't asking for advice on a better website for my HOA. That is not my responsibility and I'm not planning on speaking with them again if I can help it.
Post a Comment