I LOVE to sew, but mostly just quilts and home stuff (curtains, pillows, etc.). Bryce asked me a week or so ago why I don't make my own clothes. I have tried before, but I must tell you, it is SO difficult to do a dress fitting on yourself. It is just dang near impossible. I told Bryce if I had a dress form (this is linked show you the ad) I would totally sew my own clothes because then I could just put my measurements in it and then sew away with much less discouragement. So, if anyone REALLY wants to get me an Easter present, here it is. I know.... I'll keep dreaming.4.06.2009
I want that...
So there's this scene in Napoleon Dynamite where Uncle Ricco is trying to sell tupperware to this couple and he is going to throw in a ship (its like a mantle-piece or something?) and the wife says, "I want that" in this hick-ish accent. Any time that I see something I really want at a store or online, I always imitate her and say, "I want that." This morning I got the weekly JoAnn's fabric sale e-mail and....I want that:
I LOVE to sew, but mostly just quilts and home stuff (curtains, pillows, etc.). Bryce asked me a week or so ago why I don't make my own clothes. I have tried before, but I must tell you, it is SO difficult to do a dress fitting on yourself. It is just dang near impossible. I told Bryce if I had a dress form (this is linked show you the ad) I would totally sew my own clothes because then I could just put my measurements in it and then sew away with much less discouragement. So, if anyone REALLY wants to get me an Easter present, here it is. I know.... I'll keep dreaming.
I LOVE to sew, but mostly just quilts and home stuff (curtains, pillows, etc.). Bryce asked me a week or so ago why I don't make my own clothes. I have tried before, but I must tell you, it is SO difficult to do a dress fitting on yourself. It is just dang near impossible. I told Bryce if I had a dress form (this is linked show you the ad) I would totally sew my own clothes because then I could just put my measurements in it and then sew away with much less discouragement. So, if anyone REALLY wants to get me an Easter present, here it is. I know.... I'll keep dreaming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ali! I came across your blog on facebook, and wanted to give you our blog address! It's mikeandlins.blogspot.com. I try to update it regularly, but I could be better at it. How are you?! Hope all is going well for you guys in Utah!
I wish I would have brought my sewing maching with me here. I don't think I'm quite as experienced as you are but I am learning. It sounds like you guys are doing really well. How much school do you and Brice have left? What are your plans when you finish? We are in New England probably till some time in June.
I know! I love keeping in touch with everyone this way. I just started regularly updating when we moved here. We're so far away from everyone, it's the best/easiest way to keep in touch. So you guys wanna head back to Houston after graduation; that's awesome. There's always the possibility we could too, someday. We're buying a house this year, so that and Michael's job will keep us here for the next 5+ years. He's doing his MBA here next year, as well, so we're putting down roots for the next few years. We'll be in Houston for Elyn's wedding in June/July. You guys visiting any time this summer? Good luck with finals!
Post a Comment