The Bella Cucina Rocket Blender. It is basically the exact same thing as the Magic Bullet, but 1/2 the price. So, I called Bryce up and had him look it up online for the reviews. It only got 3 out of 5 stars, but so did the Magic Bullet. Most of the bad reviews are just complaints after people try to chop big chunks of ice (you need to have smaller pieces) or make salsa (makes it too fine). I tried it out this morning, for my daily smoothie and it worked like a charm. I didn't put any ice in mine since I was using frozen fruit, but there were no chunks left. My favorite part is that it comes with 5 cups, so even if I don't do dishes one or two days, all I have to do is hand wash the blade and I'm ready to go for the next day. Plus, it only took about 5 minutes total to make. Now on to my fitness goals...
2.28.2010
Smoothies
So, I have not set my sleeping habits yet (dang addicting Olympics). But, I have been writing up weekly menus before I do my grocery shopping. This way we have no excuse to eat out. I rarely have time in the morning to eat breakfast, so I usually end up grabbing a granola bar and going. This does not hold me over until lunch. Eating breakfast also helps jumpstart your metabolism for the day. I was searching online for healthy, filling, quick breakfasts and the #1 result was smoothies. I bought some orange juice, soy protein powder and frozen fruit. I used my full-sized blender to make one or 2 smoothies last week, but my blender is a pain to clean. So I was searching online for the Magic Bullet, because I've heard its amazing... until I found out it was $60. Not exactly what I was hoping to spend. As I was doing my grocery shopping last night, I decided to check out the blender aisle, when I found this:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Look at you blogging so much! We got a Hamilton Beach "Magic Bullet" knock off and I love it. They're all the same, I'm convinced!! Good look w/ your smoothies!
Post a Comment