6.15.2010

Unique New York

Bryce and I were able to travel to New York City for a few days while I competed in the Classical Singer Convention. I didn't win :( but I got some great feedback and it was a wonderful experience. Here are some pictures from what we did there.
A view of the city from our ferry to Liberty Island:
Ellis Island:
Statue of Liberty:
Broadway Theater (just down the road a bit from our hotel):
We took the Subway to Lincoln Center so that I could see the Metropolitan Opera House (they're not in season right now, so we couldn't see an opera). When we went back above ground and were getting our sense of direction, I looked up and BAM! There was the temple:
The Met (I will sing there someday, fingers crossed):
After that, we walked around Central Park, down 5th Avenue, and over to the Museum of Natural History. It was very cool and interesting. I loved all the little boys running around in the dinosaur exhibits saying, "WOW! Look at the COOL dinosaurs!!" It was priceless.
Across the street from our hotel was the Times Square Toys R Us, which had some amazing displays. Bryce really liked the Lego's:
I enjoyed the Barbie house:
Bryce liked the toy store so much that it made him ask me if we could have a kid "in a couple years". I said "yes" and then preceded to remind him that that would mean I would be pregnant in a little over a year. He then said, "What? Maybe thats too soon." Our 4-year anniversary is in 2 days. I think we passed that too soon stage quite a while ago, haha. 

On our last day, we decided (since it was Fleet Week) to go see the USS Intrepid. We didn't want to wait in line or pay $30/person to go on it when we had to leave for the airport in a few hours, so we walked around the dock and checked it out from afar:
New York was SO fun. Hopefully I will have to go back there sooner rather than later. This competition is in Los Angeles next year and I am very excited. I love LA and this is the first summer since we have been back in Utah that we haven't gone to LA, so we can't wait to go next summer.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...