7.31.2010

Dead

Today, while making an adorable ladybug-printed fabric dress for Kileen's daughter Aurora.... my 10-year old basic Kenmore sewing machine died. I took this machine from my parent's house when I got married (they already had like 5 machines, they didn't really notice) and use it all the time. It was very similar to this one:
Now, my mother likes to sew and does on a regular basis. She learned how to sew from her grandmother and taught me how to sew. This being said, mom believes that it is important to have a good, working sewing machine. When I was on the phone with her tonight (and while browsing sewing machines online), I mentioned that my machine broke down. She asked me if I knew what machine I wanted and I told her yes, to which she responded with her credit card number. I love my mom so, so, SO much because I was fretting having to either 1) buy another basic machine myself or 2) wait until Thanksgiving to get a nicer new machine like I've been wanting (that will be our Christmas with my fam since we will be spending Christmas vacation in sunny, hot Singapore...another thing I am VERY grateful for, thanks Mom and Dad Nielson!). Now, with all the projects I have lined up, neither was a very feasible option. So a big THANK YOU once again to my wonderful mom! In the next day or so, I will be picking up this new, fun toy
With 110 stitch options and some basic embroidery capabilities, I will find a LOT to do with this machine. I can't wait to play.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...