I started couponing. (Is that a real word?) Anyway, I got the paper and cut out all the coupons that I would use. Then I perused the ads to figure out what to buy now and where. So today I went to Smith's, Rite Aid, and Walgreens to get all my stuff. I saved more than I spent everywhere I went (by a LOT). My favorite deal was 10 for $10 on Colgate toothpaste at Smith's (which you don't have to buy 10 to get the deal, btw) and then I had a coupon for 75c off and another for 50c off Colgate toothpaste. So I got 2 regular-sized tubes of toothpaste for 75c. They are normally $2.50 a piece. Now THAT is a deal.
Also, we are trying to work on our grocery budget. To do this, we are writing out a weekly menu and planning it around what we already have. I found a great website where you can enter ingredients in and it will give you a list of recipes that use your ingredients. We have planned most of this week's meals needing no extra groceries. I am hoping that we don't have to buy more than $50 in groceries before going to Houston in 2 weeks. Here's hoping...
2 comments:
I LOVE coupons! I started using grocerysmarts.com almost 2 years ago. It saves us roughly $200 a month plus .10 to .15 cents a gal off gas.
your blog is adorable Ali!
Post a Comment