Since the stores are already selling Halloween decorations, it is time to get serious about a costume for this year. Originally, we were going to be Selene and Michael from Underworld (by "we" I mean, I tell Bryce what he's going to be, with only slight approval from him needed).
I liked this idea... well, I still do, but we did zombies last year, so I kind of wanted to do something more cheery.
I recently learned the easiest and most awesome way to make little girl tutus and decided I could make one for myself for Halloween... so my mind immediately went to Disney Princesses. Of course, my favorite tutu-wearer is Tinkerbell. But when I was talking to Kileen the other day, we thought of some great ideas for most of the princesses. So here's the dilemma: Tinkerbell or Ariel?? Let's analyze...
For Tink, Bry would go as Captain Hook. (He was very specific about NOT going as Peter Pan.) I would wear a pair of nude leggings like these:
They look quite weird by themselves...but I would wear a leotard over top in a lime green, similar to this grey/blue one:
And then I would make a tutu out of lime green and sparkly kelly green tulle. I would also wrap the sparkly kelly green tulle around the lime green leotard for an extra layer of dimension (and figure-forgiveness). I already own a pair of fairy wings and I would do my hair up in a bun with a blue ribbon around it, just like Tink. To finish the look, I would go for a pair of lime green ballet flats like these from Target. For Bryce, we would need to buy the Captain Hook hat, hook, and a flowy white shirt. He could wear this all with black pants and shoes and draw the mustache on his face. If we wanted to spend a lot, we could order him a costume like this, but I don't really know if he'd go for that.
On to Ariel.... the idea starts similar, but instead of nude leggings, I would wear this teal-ish color:
With the same/very similar color sparkly tutu. On top I would wear a nude cap-sleeve tee like this:
and I would attach some purple tulle in the shape of Ariel's seashell bra. All that would be left is a seashell in the hair and a prince (aka Bryce). As Prince Eric, all Bry would need is a flowy white shirt, some navy or blue pants, some boots, and a red man sash. I really can't decide. Either would work well. What do you think??
.jpg)





1 comment:
I am seriously torn. Although Peter Pan is one of my favorite stories ever. And Tink is kinda bad a** and I feel that is very you. Either way, you will look gorg. I am thinking best dressed award material here.
Post a Comment