Its time for the belly bump pictures to start. About a week and a half ago I "popped". Everyone kept saying it was going to happen and it sure did. So here you go...
At least now I think people can tell I'm pregnant and not chubby and bloated which is how I'd felt up until I popped. And since the rest of my pregnant friends are doing status updates, here are mine:
At least now I think people can tell I'm pregnant and not chubby and bloated which is how I'd felt up until I popped. And since the rest of my pregnant friends are doing status updates, here are mine:
- Sick? I have thrown up a grand total of 6 times. The first time was at the airport before we left Singapore. I had gotten very little sleep the night before and then rode in back of the car with crazy Singapore driving, so my body wasn't having it. After we got back, I was sick a few more times that week from the jet lag. Then, last Friday I got sick half way through breakfast and then again after lunch... it was totally random. I've been fine since, just really, really tired.
- Weight Gain? 0. I gained 2 pounds over Thanksgiving, but those 2 pounds disappeared and a belly has grown with no weight gain.
- Cravings? Pickles, meat, pasta and Olive Garden salad dressing. Yes, after we ate there a few weeks ago, I bought a bottle. It is just as tasty on regular salad from the store. There have been times when I will get just the right thing in my belly and it will make me so giddy happy for about 20 minutes. That's the best.
- Gender? We find out in two weeks. I CANNOT wait.
- Maternity Clothes? I must admit, I bought maternity jeans at about 9 weeks because I was bloating really low and my regular jeans + belly band = too much pressure on my belly and it made me feel sick. That was one of the few things I bought until about a week and a half ago. I bought some black pants and a black skirt for teaching as well as several shirts on sale at Gap Maternity. I was doing fine with shirts until I popped and now 90% of my shirts won't cover the band on my maternity pants. Dresses are great, though. I didn't realize what an arsenal of stretchy fabric dresses I have until that became one of the few things I can wear. I do have maternity panty hose for the same too-much-pressure-on-my-belly problem.
- Name? We have 5 girl names we like, 2 of those we LOVE so if its a girl, we will likely narrow it down to just those two names and decide which one she is when she comes out. If its a boy, we are in trouble. We can't even decide on one name we really, solidly like. Nothing quite sounds right and what I like Bryce doesn't.
- Sleep? I usually sleep around 9-10 hours a night because if I don't, I feel like I can't function and usually feel nauseated. I plan to order a pregnancy pillow soon because every morning I wake up with an aching left hip. I'm not a side sleeper, so a new sleep style is hard.
- Crazy Weird Things? Nothing really yet. There comes a point in every day, no matter how much sleep I get the night before, where I feel like if I close my eyes I would instantly fall asleep. It is usually when I am teaching, which is not great timing. I often fall asleep in the evening while doing reading for my class. It makes it hard to get my homework done. I can't wait until I have a somewhat normal amount of energy again.
2 comments:
hey! love the post! and your new blog format looks awesome! just wanted to tell ya. :) hope things continue to go relatively smoothly for the pregnancy!
I love that you're doing pregnancy posts! keep em comin!! You look so great by the way!
Post a Comment