2.15.2011

SevenSlings

A few weeks ago, Kileen told me about an offer for a free baby sling (still had to pay shipping) from SevenSlings.com. I don't think I'll be much of a toting-baby-around-in-a-sling mommy, but I figured if all I had to pay was $11.95 (shipping) I might as well try it out. If anything, I could figure out how it's made and make more for myself or for friends. (Just a side note--why does it cost $12 to ship a light-as-air piece of fabric about 20 miles? I got mine in the mail yesterday to see that it came from Lehi, Utah, which is literally 15 minutes away. The $40 sling was free, so I guess its ok.) The fabric is nice and seems sturdy, so I am happy with my purchase. 

I was looking through the booklet to see how to wear it and once I had it on I thought, "I wonder how heavy it will feel once a baby is in here". Then I looked down to see my sweet William laying on the floor near my feet. He weighs about 9 pounds, which is (hopefully) a little more than a newborn, so I bent down, picked him up, and put his sweet little kitty booty in the sling. Bryce thought this was funny, so he took a few pictures.
This first picture was right after I got him in, so he doesn't look very happy about it. After a few minutes, he just kinda settled in and laid there like this: 
It wasn't until I started walking around with him in there that he wanted out. The sling, with 9ish pounds of cat in it, was actually quite comfortable. I can see myself walking around the house, with the baby in it, while I do chores and such. For all of you who are dying to get one too, go to the website and enter promo code "heart". (I know, how lucky am I that I got another promo code for one in my inbox yesterday?) I'm not sure how long the promo will last since it was for Valentine's Day, but when I got on there earlier today to test it out, it was still working. Happy slinging!

2 comments:

the Smiths said...

i got mine the other day, I didn't even open it but I am dying of laughter right now. I got my cover thing in the mail today so you can make a pattern off of it if you would like.

Caitlin Roberts said...

WoW! I totally just ordered my free sling! Thanks for the tip! I got the blue one....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...