4.07.2011

Pack-n-Play

We now own all of the "big" (aka most expensive) items from our baby registry (except the pump I registered for, but I'm thinking that's one gift I will need to get myself). We have the crib, changing table, and mattress for the baby's room (I will be sure to post some pictures one day when they're all put together). This past weekend we got the Jeep stroller, which Bryce and my dad just loved when it was all put together, and ordered the carseat and pack-n-play. They came in via UPS on Tuesday and I couldn't wait to get them out and put together. The pack-n-play didn't take much putting together, but I did assemble all the parts onto it including the mobile, bassinet, and changing tray. It took about 2 minutes once it was all put together for this to happen: 
I didn't even have enough time to find my phone to take a picture to send to my mom before he just had to jump inside. Unfortunately for us, Harry found the pack-n-play to be amazing. He spends pretty much all of his kitty sleep time (which is like 16 hours a day) in there. This is what I found a few hours after putting it all together:
Both kitties finding the pack-n-play the perfect resting spot. Harry particularly likes the little cave space under the changing tray. When I got up this morning, this little face perked out from the cave to greet me: 
What, oh what are we going to do when the baby comes? Hopefully I can put the baby in there and the cats will just run away and want nothing to do with him until they realize this little play pen belongs to the baby, not to them. I think we're going to put the pack-n-play in our room for the baby to sleep in until he moves into his crib. After that, we will keep it downstairs in the living room for a diaper changing place as well as a nap place/play place when mom and dad are downstairs and need to put him somewhere and keep an eye on him. I'm glad we went with this one, its got everything you could possibly need, was well priced, and got great reviews. 

1 comment:

GCC said...

HAHAHA!!! Those pictures are ADORABLE! Our cats were fine while baby was little - and would often cuddle on me while I was nursing him. As soon as he started noticing them (and especially now that he screams at and chases them), they run away at the first sight of him. But my SIL's cat LOVES her toddler and would try to cuddle her day and night even when she was no longer an infant. It was adorable, but they did have to worry/watch closely to make sure he never actually sat ON her. She could practically poke right into his eyes and he didn't mind at all. Crazy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...