I am finishing up a lot of big, important things very soon and it has gotten me in a goal-setting mood. Today I finished my oral repertoire exam, which is one of two 2-hour long oral exams that I have to pass before the School of Music will grant me my Master's Degree. I passed "with no question" so said my professors, which is a huge relief. One thing to check off the list. After class tonight, I am one paper and two more hours of testing away from being done. FOREVER. Its a great feeling.
So, back to my goals. I have decided that at the beginning of the month I am going to set some goals for myself to finish that month. I am a list person, so writing it out for the whole world to see will help me actually get some big things done. I think 5-7 goals a month is reasonable. Thats 1-2 per week, and especially since all of my big things are done except writing a final paper for my Philosophy of Music Education class and studying for my final oral exam, this is doable. Here are some goals I have:
April:
So, back to my goals. I have decided that at the beginning of the month I am going to set some goals for myself to finish that month. I am a list person, so writing it out for the whole world to see will help me actually get some big things done. I think 5-7 goals a month is reasonable. Thats 1-2 per week, and especially since all of my big things are done except writing a final paper for my Philosophy of Music Education class and studying for my final oral exam, this is doable. Here are some goals I have:
April:
- Sew the car seat cover, fitted sheets (2), and crib skirt for the baby's room.
- Reorganize the kitchen/laundry closet
- Organize/redo the baby's room closet
- Walk for 1 hour at least 3 times per week
- Send out thank-you notes from my baby shower
May:
- Sew the quilt and bumper for the baby's room
- Paint the baby's room
- Put together all furniture/set up the baby's room
- Reorganize the bathroom closet and linen closet upstairs
- Clean all windows/blinds in the house
- Pass final oral exam
- Clean all light fixtures in the house
That's all for now. I will post these on my sidebar as well and cross things off the list as they get done. I know I still have a few months before this baby gets here, but I'm afraid time will fly faster than I want it to and I won't get things done unless I really commit and have to be accountable. I will be sure to post pictures of what I can (especially the stuff for the baby's room), so check back!!
No comments:
Post a Comment