The nursery is now 95% done, so I figured I should show you all. All we're missing is our rocker/recliner (that won't be here until August 1) and the shadow boxes for above the crib (I am doing 3 10x10 shadow boxes, 1 w/the elephant, 1 w/the hippo, and 1 w/the giraffe like the bedding).
What do you think?
The cats have been hanging out in the baby's room all day for the past few days. I hope its because they can sense it will soon be occupied... like in a few days. *fingers crossed*
This corner is reserved for the rocker/recliner and a side table. It looks really small in this picture, but there's plenty of space there.
I made the pelmet boxes above the windows, the memo board, and the book holder (which will eventually be for the baby's books, but now holds my magazines).
Close up of the crib (the 3 shadow boxes will be spaced just above it) and also the changing table. I finally found the perfect baskets at Target in the $1 zone (they were $2.50 a piece, not $1 unfortunately). They are the perfect shade of teal and have a polka-dot style motif on them, which was a perfect match. I think I'm going to replace the elephants on the top shelf with some pictures once the baby comes.
4 comments:
What a darling nursery! Nice job decorating! I hope he comes soon :)
Oh Alison, this nursery is SOOOO cute! It looks like you AND baby will have a wonderful time in it. Here's sending you happy, productive contraction thoughts your way.
Good luck...he is going to be here before you know it! Can't wait!
Cute room Ali! It is fun to see another nursery, also in gray, and with animals as somewhat of a theme, but really different still than our nursery. I need to get on the ball and post pics of mine! It will be fun to see when your little guy comes...does the doc still think you'll have him soon?
Post a Comment