6.25.2011

Baby's Room Help!

I am DETERMINED to get the baby's room done in the next week (completely finished/cleaned/put together by next Sunday). But, I need a little help. The room is currently a khaki/green color which obviously does not go with the colors that we are doing for the baby's room (white, teal, charcoal, light grey, yellow). I cannot decide which color to paint. I want to do either the light grey or teal. They each provide a totally different look from the other and I think both would look great, but its decision time. So here's the rundown to help you help me decide. Once you read through it, please vote on the sidebar -->
  • All the baby furniture is white
  • The changing table has open shelving below it and whatever color I don't paint the walls, I will likely use as a basket color for the shelves
  • My sister is bringing up my parents' old la-z-boy that I plan to reupholster, likely in a grey/charcoal microfiber
  • The quilt, bumper, and fitted sheet can be seen here 
  • I plan on using white frames on the walls with various pictures/prints in them
  • Here's a close up of the main fabric with all of the colors in it (its the light grey, like the frog, or the teal, on the hippo):
I think that is all the pertinent info that would have to do with making a color decision. So put your imaginations to work and help me decide! Voting will last until Tuesday, since it will probably take me that long to get the room cleared out and ready to paint. 

6 comments:

Jordan and Amanda said...

Ok, I'm seriously NOT good at this kind of thing, but I have seen where three walls are a more neutral tone (the light gray) and then 1 wall, maybe behind the baby's crib, is a more vibrant color (the teal). thoughts?

Caitlin Roberts said...

Teal!!

Amy said...

I think teal is more fun but after spending a week in my little sister's pink bedroom, let me tell you who would NOT go to sleep/eat/focus on anything but the wall in such a fun colored room. It was insane! Everything we did in there, he just wanted to touch the wall and play with it. So, considering that, I would go for the neutral gray over the fun teal. Just sayin'.

Whitney Fields said...

Light gray with your teal accents! He can grow with that color on the walls, as well, so you won't have to repaint it again for a while.

Sarah and Cam said...

I vote gray with lots of fun teal accents.

Chelsea said...

I was going to leave a comment but saw on facebook you've already painted. It's funny because those are the 2 colors I was thinking about for our nursery too, and obviously we went with the gray. I'm really curious as to which one you went with and can't wait to see it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...