12.02.2011

1st Cereal

Jake had his first rice cereal a few days ago. It was a fun little event. I introduced him to the spoon a little while back--let him play with it, chew on it, and would sometimes give him gripe water with one. I did this so he wouldn't be shocked by both a spoon and cereal at the same time, plus he was more prepared to open wide for the spoon. His first go at rice cereal wasn't bad or really good either. His second time to have it he opened up for it and by the third time it was like I couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough. Anyway, here are some pics from his first time:

"This looks like fun, mom! What are we going to do?"
 "Oh.... that's not what I was expecting..."
 "Yeah, that stuff was gross."
 (As I'm holding another spoonful off camera) "Wait, you want me to do that again?"
Like, I said... he's pretty happy eating the rice cereal now. I am going to try him on some green beans next, then maybe some squash and then some sweet potatoes. I don't want to start him on fruits until he tries the veggies first. From what I've read it seems that starting the least sweet things first will lessen the chance of rejection. I mean, would you want to go from bananas and apples to green beans and squash? Yeah, I didn't really think so.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...