I can't believe that Jake is 9 (almost 10) months old already. I know, I say that every month, but it's true. He's been out just about as long as he was in and that is just crazy! Pregnancy went by much slower than infancy. PS- I wrote this a few weeks ago and haven't gotten around to taking "official" monthly pictures. Follow me on instagram and you'll see pics of Jake almost daily. ;)
At 9 months, Jake:
At 9 months, Jake:
is a mover- he started crawling around 8 months and does not sit still. ever.
pulls up on everything- this started about a week after his crawling really took off.
sometimes will elephant crawl (straight legs, hands on ground).
stood unsupported for about 10-15 seconds- I don't think he liked it because he hasn't tried it since.
walks with support either from us or while pushing a piece of furniture or his push-walker toy.
no longer takes a pacifier to sleep- he cuddles/sucks on the ears of the elephant his auntie Jessica gave him. I think I need a backup so that they can get washed pretty often because that thing gets gross fast.
takes 4 bottles and 3 meals a day.
holds his own bottle and is starting to get the hang of the sippy cup.
loves baby food and is very weary of big people food. I think he's a texture wierdy like his dad.
loves mum mum's, puffs, yogurt drops, baby cheese puff things and pretty much any baby food we give him other than meats, which he's not gotten the taste for yet.
takes two 1.5-2 hour naps a day, but his days have gotten a bit longer- a full 12 hours from wake up to going to sleep.
loves to make funny noises with his mouth and tongue.
is a yeller- he loves talking LOUD.
says dada, hey, and baba (bottle or food) with about 60% of the time knowing he's associating them correctly.
knows exactly what mama means when he says it and mostly says mama when he's upset.
went through (and is still kind of getting over) a bout of separation anxiety- I read it happens around this time, plus we just moved which is a major stress on baby and surely exasperated it.
waves (and sometimes smiles) on command- waves when we say bye bye or goodnight.
loves animals (especially our cats) and other babies/kids (especially his cousins).
puts everything in his mouth.
got all four of his top teeth in about a week and a half's time (after fussy/teething for like 3 weeks).
LOVES watching Baby Einsteins- they were a life saver during the move.
1 comment:
Eww. Babies are slobbery.
Post a Comment