Here's a little story I must share so I'm not such a mommy blog slacker. (8 month post is coming, I promise!)
Jake has started pulling up on everything. This started only a few days ago. At first, it freaked me out because I was constantly worried he was going to fall over because up to this point, he would only stand on his toes.
When we've gone to his pediatrician for check-ups, they give a skills questionnaire. One of the things they've asked at the 6 and 9 month checks (we did his 9 month early since we're moving) is if they stand flat footed yet. I had never seen him do this, so I answered 'no' and immediately whipped out my phone to find out the significance. I guess if they don't start standing flat footed consistently by a year, 15 months at the latest, it's a sign that the baby may have some form of autism.
Of course I was internally freaking out that he still wasn't doing this and told Bryce about it so he could watch Jake like a hawk for a flat foot, too.
Now that he's pulling up all the time, yesterday he figured out that it was much more comfortable to stand flat footed than tip toed. Bryce and I caught him doing it at the same time and our conversation went like this:
Bryce: "Jake's standing flat footed!"
Me: "yes! That means he's probably not autistic!"
Then we both went in for a high five, swung, and missed. I guess we're the (slightly) retarded ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment