I passed my recital hearing this morning! It has been postponed twice, so I was glad to finally get it out of the way. I made the mistake of meeting with my accompanist before my hearing and going through my entire (50 minute) recital. My voice and my body were a little tired, so I didn't do as well as I did in practice, but all I needed to do was pass, and that I did! I also got my dress last night and am going to get it marked for hemming tonight. It was a little last minute, but it is really pretty and I'm very excited. It is RED silk-satin and gorgeous.
So, if you are in or near the Provo area, please come next Saturday, May 16th at 7:30 pm to my recital in the Madsen Recital Hall in the HFAC on BYU's campus. It is going to be a spectacular display of Shakespeare in Song (that's the title of my recital).
3 comments:
YAY!!!!
So happy for you that the hearing went well and that you are going to do your recital next week. The dress sounds gorgeous. A gorgeous red dress, on a gorgeous woman with a gorgeous voice - can't ask for better than that!!!
Wish we could be there. Love you!
Take a picture of yourself in this beautiful dress - I want to see and then post it! PLEASE ;)
Congratulations! That is awesome and exciting! :)
Post a Comment