- Do you have any favorite freezer meal recipes?
- Are there any ingredients/meals that don't freeze well?
- How do you wrap your freezer meals so that they don't get freezer burn?
- What day (or days...or time of day) do you find easiest to cook your meals?
10.17.2010
Freezer Meals
Does anyone do freezer meals? I have been doing a little research on freezer meals (often referred to as once a month cooking) and I think its a great idea. By NO means do I want to cook just once a month, but I would like to make and freeze 3 meals a week. I teach until 8 pm twice a week and would like to have one extra meal hanging out for the night I just don't feel like cooking. So, for those of you that do freezer cooking, I have a few questions:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Freezer Meals?!? I can't even do a real meal. I guess I am of no help to you in this category. Boo. Love you!
I made a few meals in between semesters of teaching and school. The favorite (and easiest recipe) is to melt one cube of butter in a pan, then add dry italian seasoning to it, cook chicken tenders (or just sliced chicken breast) in the mixture. When the chicken is done, let it cool on a plate, then add one package of cream cheese. Put it in a freezer bag, seal, and freeze. To reheat, just defrost and warm. It smells delicious cooking and reheats really well. I also made enchiladas and froze about 5 or 6 in a bag. They are great for reheating individually. I also made Mexican pizzas (tortillas with tomato sauce, spices, pepporoni and cheese) separated by wax paper. Super easy to make and easy to reheat for a snack. These were especially handy for when my nieces and nephews came over. Other than those, I haven't eaten anything else that I've frozen. I do like freezer meals! I just wish my freezer was bigger! Share some good recipes that you find!
My sister does it she prepares 4 or 5 meals on Sunday for the week. I used to babysit for a family that had meals prepared for them and frozen...I loved it. and I know soups don't freeze well. Rice freezes well. Freeze foods in individual servings and in freezer bags. I used to freeze my own bean and cheese burritos in high school I loved them. I think I will make them this week. oh and I freeze pancakes and waffles.
I forgot to mention that you add cream of chicken soup as well. Oops! Here is the full recipe since I'm a dork!
Cream Cheese Chicken
1 .7-ounce envelope Italian dressing mix
1/2 cup butter
2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
1 10.75-ounce can cream of chicken soup
1 8-ounce package cream cheese
Turn slow cooker on High. Place butter in bottom of slow cooker. When the butter has melted, add one envelope Italian dressing dry mix. Stir into butter until well mixed. Cut chicken breasts into 1" strips. Place in slow cooker and stir to coat with butter and dressing mix. Cover and cook on High for 2 hours. Remove chicken to plate to cool. Add cream of chicken soup and cream cheese. Stir to melt and mix well until smooth and creamy. Remove sauce from slow cooker and allow to cool. Place chicken and sauce into a gallon resealable freezer bag. Label. Freeze.
To serve: Thaw. Heat until piping hot and bubbly. Serve over mashed potatoes, rice, or hot buttered noodles.
Post a Comment