I'm 19 weeks and a day (or so) along now. Less than a week and I'm half way done! (Well, I guess I could be half way done now, depending on when this little guy decides to get here.) Things have been going well. Here are the updates....
- Sick? I have been sick off and on. There are mostly good days with a few bad days thrown in. I was introduced soon after Christmas break to the glories of Unisom. My doctor and several friends suggested it to help me stay asleep at night and to help curb morning sickness. It works like a charm. I usually only wake up once (around 6-7 am) to go to the bathroom and then fall right back asleep for a few hours. When I wake up I'm not crazy hungry or nauseous. It is awesome.
- Weight Gain? +1.5 pounds according to my scale this morning.
- Cravings? My appetite has been off and on, mainly just off on my sick days, but I generally feel less hungry than I did a month ago. (I think this is part of the reason for basically no weight gain so far.) I don't really crave anything all the time, but I often crave something all of a sudden--usually when I see it or smell it, so its not that hard to get.
- Gender? Its a boy! We go in for the 20 week ultrasound next Monday and hopefully he's still a boy. We're very excited to have a boy first (and that he's the first grandson on both sides).
- Maternity Clothes? Yes, I wear them and yes, they are the best thing ever invented. Old Navy and Gap are my favorite places shop. I am currently on the hunt for my recital dress. I think I've found one I like.
- Name? We have one boy name that we like so far. Nothing else has surpassed it... actually there isn't even anything else that Bryce and I can agree that we both like. So far this is it, so we will wait and see if there's another one we come up with to compete.
- Sleep? I've been getting good sleep lately... at least 9 hours a night most nights. This past week I've gotten a bit of a second wind and am not exhausted feeling all the time. I still get tired during the day, but I feel like I can function well throughout the day instead of being crazy tired all the time.
- Crazy Cool Things? I can feel the baby move! At first I was pretty sure it was just indigestion, but then I started feeling distinct flutters and even some kicks. Its not all the time, but I feel him moving at least a few times a day.
- Crazy Weird Things? My hair is growing like crazy. Apparently its from all the hormones/baby boy's testosterone, but the hair on my head, legs, and underarms is growing SO fast. It is quite annoying, especially when I literally did not need to shave my legs more than twice a week before and now its like every-other day--and that's only because its still winter. Also, the past few days I have started having a lot of stretching/pulling/ligament pain in my lower belly. I think this boy's having a major growth spurt.
2 comments:
Cute blog! You're NEXT!!!!
Ali, love the picture, love the update, wish we were closer so I could see you. Glad that you bought the fabrics you like. Grateful that I have such a talented DIL. Love you, Miss you!
Post a Comment