So I did buy the fabric. I am so excited! Especially since I saw there's a place to enter coupon codes when you check out, so I did a google search for fabric.com coupon codes and found one that worked for an extra 15% off of my purchase. I saved about $80 overall. Here are the projects I am planning with all the new cotton and flannel fabrics I got:
- Quilt: I figured out my own quilt pattern that's got simple strips of fabric on the back and squares inside of squares on the front. It will be simple, but will really show off the fabric.
- Crib Bumper: It is going to be squares of fabric pieced together so the baby has plenty to look at.
- 2 Fitted sheets: I found a pattern for this online and its SUPER easy. I am going to make one out of cotton and one out of flannel.
- Crib Skirt: It will be one main fabric with another fabric as the bottom border.
- Crib Organizer: An easy, useful project that I saw online. The organizer will tie onto one end of the crib or the changing table and will have lots of pockets to keep the baby's things handy.
- Receiving Blankets: I got enough fabric to make a few blankets for swaddling and such.
- Car Seat Cover: So everyone has these now and I think they're pretty essential...especially in Utah in the cool/cold months.
- Multi-Use Blanket: I am going to make a 45x45" multi-use flannel blanket. It will be great for in the stroller, to put on the ground/floor and let the baby lay/sit on it, for times when the baby needs a little extra warmth or comfort, etc.
- Nursing Cover: I decided not to pay for the Udder Cover when I got the code for a free one (not including shipping) because they didn't have a color/pattern that I liked. I am going to use my friend's to make a pattern and make one for myself.
Wow, that is a lot of sewing to do before this little man gets here. I am working hard right now to finish my Master's paper and get my recital ready, but after April 1st, I won't have much left to do except some studying and teaching. That will give me several months to work on these projects. I am very excited to transform our extra bedroom into a nursery!
1 comment:
In making your own cover, just make sure you use stiff enough boning! Someone made me a super cute one, but it doesn't work properly because the boning isn't stiff enough.
Other than that, I'm so excited for you! Have fun making all those things! They will all be super useful.
Post a Comment