I am just blazing through these sewing projects for the baby's room. I finished one of the crib sheets last night (well, technically this morning since I had to go buy some elastic to finish it off). This is the flannel sheet. I still need to make the cotton one, but they will look exactly the same.
If you're curious about how to make a crib sheet, it's super easy. If you have a normal sized crib, just cut a 70"x45" piece of fabric. Cut an 8 3/4" square out of each corner and then sew the edges of the cut-outs together to create the corners. Sew a 1/2" or so casing for your elastic and then thread your elastic through. I used 3/8" elastic so my casing was a little wider.
I also started working on some animals for the crib mobile. I cut them out of felt (using the zoo fabric as my template for the animal shapes) and sewed them together using a blanket stitch and embroidery floss. It went pretty quickly once I had it figured out. I am going to make at least one more hippo and maybe a giraffe for the center. I may end up with one more elephant and two more hippos. I'm not sure just yet, but I think they turned out pretty well for just winging it.
What do you think?
If you're curious about how to make a crib sheet, it's super easy. If you have a normal sized crib, just cut a 70"x45" piece of fabric. Cut an 8 3/4" square out of each corner and then sew the edges of the cut-outs together to create the corners. Sew a 1/2" or so casing for your elastic and then thread your elastic through. I used 3/8" elastic so my casing was a little wider.
I also started working on some animals for the crib mobile. I cut them out of felt (using the zoo fabric as my template for the animal shapes) and sewed them together using a blanket stitch and embroidery floss. It went pretty quickly once I had it figured out. I am going to make at least one more hippo and maybe a giraffe for the center. I may end up with one more elephant and two more hippos. I'm not sure just yet, but I think they turned out pretty well for just winging it.
What do you think?
4 comments:
I love seeing your projects, and with my next baby I'm totally going to do all of this for him/her. I LOVE your fabric, I think it's perfect for a little boy. Too cute!
really, really cute, Ali. Can't wait to see pictures with it all together.
the animals turned out so great!
Wow Alison those animals look amazing! You are so CRAFTY! I am inspired. I'm going to Roberts right now. :)
Post a Comment