I had my recheck ultrasound at Maternal Fetal Medicine this morning. I saw a different doctor today, but he was aware of everything going on and answered all of our questions really thoroughly. So here's the update:
- The bright spot they found before has not multiplied and doesn't seem to be getting bigger. Yay!
- The spot is actually within the liver and it is tissue. It is most likely dead/scar like tissue because it is showing up as a different density than normal tissue. So it is NOT a cyst and NOT a calcification. The doctor said that it was probably tissue that was not forming correctly and had the blood supply cut off from it, so it turned into a sort of scar tissue.
- This tissue will likely not go away, but it should not affect the baby at all. They will probably recommend that an ultrasound be done on the baby when he's born, but the doctor said that the radiologist will likely tell us the same exact thing--it is nothing and shouldn't affect anything.
Today was good news. A BIG relief for us and huge weight off our shoulders. The only other thing we found out today was that he's still big. Who would have thought, right? They were putting my due date, based on his size (length and weight, which is just under 3 lbs), between July 20-24. That is 1-1.5 weeks ahead of the due date my doctor's office gave me at my first appointment. Either way, my doctor isn't going to let this baby get too big. My mom never went into labor, which is a possibility for me, so we're going to keep a close watch on his size and my progress and decide when to have this little guy. Either way, I've got about 2.5 months left, maybe a little more, but definitely less than 3 months. Yay!
3 comments:
Yay! I am so relieved to read this! And you're getting so close! The next two months seriously will fly by. Good luck! I'm gonna miss ya. Any chance we can do lunch or something on Monday before I head out forever?
So exciting!! I'm thrilled that everything is going well and can't wait to meet the little man!!
So glad you had such good news! I'm sure that was a major relief. Crazy your little guy is getting so big! Good luck! :)
Post a Comment