6.08.2011

33 Weeks

I am just about to the 33 week mark and had a doctor's appt. yesterday. Now I go again in 2 weeks, then 2 weeks after that and then every week until I'm a mom. It is crazy to think it's that close. I will be full term in 4 weeks. Crazy! Here is a picture of me today:
Sleep? This has started to get really tough lately. I have to get up several times per night to go to the bathroom and I can rarely get comfortable. I haven't had leg cramps very much in the past few weeks, but I've been careful to put my feet up when I can and stretch my legs at the end of the day and it seems to be helping.
Movement? This is no longer a "crazy cool thing" because he has less space to move around in, which means pain for me when he moves. Baby is still head down and since I dropped a few weeks ago, his head feels WAY down. This means lovely jabs from his feet in my ribs and punches into my hip bones. I can also feel him hiccup, usually a few times a day. It is a weird, but cool feeling.
Progress? I am having contractions all the time. When I told my doctor this he said "Good...its just your uterus practicing. The more you have now, the easier things should go." I am so glad that he is confident about that. The contractions don't hurt, but everything gets really tight and uncomfortable. Every once in a while I get one that hurts, probably because of the baby's position. My doctor also told me that it is common for a first time mom to have the baby about 6-7 weeks after the baby drops, which would put me right around the 37 week mark. Considering he's estimating that the baby weighs about 5.5 pounds right now which is AN ENTIRE POUND MORE than my babycenter.com weekly update e-mail, I think I am okay with him coming early. Plus, 37 weeks isn't too early. I'll be full term by then.
Other Updates: Not much else to report other than I finished the crib bumper (quilted it and everything) and am going to finish the quilt this weekend. We are going to be getting the baby's room painted and set up soon. We have a lot of furniture moving that needs to be done and we are waiting to see how a few things pan out before we start moving things around. (Oh, and don't worry, by "we" I do not mean me. I mean Bryce and whoever is kind enough to help him. I am not allowed to lift anything more than 25 lbs. and this point.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...